Monday, May 27, 2013

Days 6, 7 and 8!

I know things are progressing in my kitchen. Unfortunately, the only things that has visibly progressed for the last few days has been mess. So, this weekend, Otto and I got the hell out of dodge and headed over to our cabin. We blissfully spent two days in mess free heaven. We cooked, we ate, we spent a ridiculous amount of money on ridiculously delicious copper river salmon. We walked on the beach. Well, some of us walked on the beach, some of us with sensitive paws walked from neighbors yard to neighbors yard. We looked at the rain and whined and/or bitched about the weather. Then cooked again.

It was awesome. But now we're back in the real world.

Current state:

This is why I can't cook at home.

This is my life and my foot!
In other, much more exciting news, yesterday was my friend True's birthday!  True is seven. And I understand he got an awesome watch. Happy Birthday True!!  Sorry, I missed your party in favor of dirt avoidance. I will make it up to you.

Here is a picture of True at his baby shower. (He was born a month or so early so as not to miss the event!)


And here's True today with his new watch! Awesome kid!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Kitchen remodels are the absolute worst.