Sunday, May 19, 2013

Its a go!

After months of decisions and non decisions and questionable (and still questioning) decisions. After cleaning and throwing away and refusing to throw away crap. In short, after many ups and downs. Highs and lows. Drama and trauma. It is time. The kitchen demo is tomorrow! The cupboards are bare (or almost). I just have one more cooking frenzy to prepare for the week and we'll be on.

I thought I'd give you some before pictures for a level set.

Fridge is moving to the other side!
That drawer was not always missing.
I plan to not have crap on my counters in the new world!
This will be a door in the future world!

One of the questionable decisions is the new paint (splotch on the wall). Doesn't look good with current orange and beige. May or may not look good with the new decor. I even had a friend who is good at design look. We can't tell if the color is good or bad! 
And the cupboards were bare!
In other weekend news, and because at least one person cares. The garden is planted! This year I decided starts were too fussy. So I bought starts at the farmer's market. It was so much easier and really not very expensive. Whoop!  

The hodgepodge; cabbage, an artichoke, a basil, 4 chard, 2 delicata squash, a kombucha squash and a lemon cucumber. Oh, and some stupid mint that keeps sneaking in from the outside.


Happy broccoli, not so happy cauliflower and carrots.

Lots of kale, a kombucha squash, a delicata squash and some randoms that didn't fit in the other bins!

And on a final note of cuteness. this was waiting for me after the final planting.


Wish us luck this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting - both the kitchen and the garden! Glad to see the raised boxes are not going to waste and smart move on buying starts. Our growing season seems to be getting shorter and shorter here...

hvk said...

I am looking forward to seeing your new kitchen!