Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Big Three

No, I am not about to blog about the car companies who are currently begging our elected officials for billions of tax payer dollars. I am going to talk about food. Those of you paying close (or not so close) attention know that I haven't eaten wheat or dairy for a good bit of time now, three months maybe? Well, it doesn't seem to have fully solved the problem. My stomach is still acting up. So, in my doctor's appointment Monday we decided to see what soy is doing to my stomach.

So now it's no wheat, no dairy, no soy.

A week ago I would have thought that was not possible. But Saturday I ran into an old friend I haven't seen since high school. As we were catching up I learned that she does not eat wheat, soy, or dairy or meat (I don't eat meat) and hasn't for 10 years! And she looked happy, healthy, well fed, and she just had a movie accepted at Sundance (I'm sure that's a result of the diet)! So there is hope. Perhaps I can do this. I may not have a social life, but I don't have much of one anyhow, so that's not a problem.

Maybe I need to eat some meat. I cannot really imagine, nor do I have any interest in eating meat, but it seems like getting a little (or a lot of) protein in my body is a good thing. Then I can keep doing pullups and running fast. If I can just figure out how to cook it.

I start tomorrow. We'll see. All this hard work , something had better start clicking soon. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get into Sundance.

No comments: