Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2

There was brief hope that a new me would emerge.

But instead, just another day in the life.

So the second day of the new year is upon us and it seems I'm the same pain in the butt, chocolate eating chick I was two days ago. But that's okay. I did take advantage of a minute or two of sun and trimmed a yard waste bin full of laurel hedge! So there's that. And I did buy an entire organic free roaming happy chicken that I'm going to try to cook. So there's that. I guess you just work with what you have and try to make the best of it.

Yen for zen, in 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you meant a live chicken...I'd be psyched to help you get a chicken coop set up my next time out. Fresh eggs, and you can compost the poop.
sc

Anonymous said...

Having just read the new years blog, I could also help with your basement or hedge. Could be fun! I too have lots of new year's ideas that may not come to fruition, including deciding (after reading it in a book) that I should try baking bread. Once. We could do that.