Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Drinking on the job.

Kombucha is a fermented tea that is supposed to be loaded with enzymes, probiotics and other health producing stuff. Plus, it's over priced and tasty!  A year or so ago, the government decided that kombucha's fermenting process produced too much alcohol and many brands of kombucha, including my favorite, were pulled from the shelves. A few months later, new, alcohol free versions of themselves returned. I tried them a few times, but it wasn't nearly as fun as the old kombucha.


Imagine my excitement when I saw a new 21 and older version of my favorite tea! I bought a bottle today and drank it in a meeting at work with all my bosses. Scandalous!


1 comment:

vmazal said...

Many years ago when I was in college, I acquired a "mother 'shroom" and brewed my own Kombucha in a cabinet in my kitchen. It was ridiculously easy and dirt cheap. This recipe calls for a magical unicorn as an optional ingredient, but we just used sugar and black tea. http://www.getkombucha.com/kombucha-recipe