Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thank Heaven!



Before we wax poetically about the new year that is now upon us, let's take care of some business. Today is 1/1/11. I really just wanted a chance to type that out and this is probably the only chance I'll get today. Of course, soon we will have the very similar 1/11/11 or in many months, the best of all, 11/11/11. But anyhow, it's my blog so, I just wanted to get that in.

I woke up this morning at 7:30 to the whine of the dog. He likes to do that when I'm not waking up appropriately. Usually this happens sometime between 5.45 and 6.45, so I was pretty happy with 7.30. I opened my eyes and out my window was this amazing, beautiful pink sunrise band through the trees in the green space. I have now decided that this portends peace, harmony and happiness for 2011. So, we have that to look forward to. Of course, this beautiful peace, harmony, happiness sunrise was followed quickly by some guy going out of his way to walk across the park to yell at me for having my dog off leash (yes, that's the same whiny dog who incidently was not bothering this man even slightly!). But I digress, I will not let that mere blip in my new year day to ruin the whole year.

Thinking back on 2010, I realize that major things happened last year - new jobs, major relationship changes, just to name of few of the many. As a result, there was some stress flowing. But, it was stress that should lead me to better happier places. And, so far it seems to be good. As regular readers will know, December, not so much for me. But this December, shoot, I was practically cheerful most of the month!!


I know, how is that possible. Anyhow, between that and the sunrise, well, we're expecting big and great things from 2011 here in Seattle. I'm hoping that proves true to me, and for all of you as well.

Happy happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2011! Don't give up on the dahlias!