Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big Excitement


Those of you that know me well, know that life can be rather tough for me. I'm not always a carefree 'come what may' kind of a gal. I tend to worry about some things and over think others. One thing I find myself frequently considering and then doing nothing to change, is the amount of plastic in my life. Well, not so much the amount of plastic, but the plastic that is touching the food I eat and liquids I drink. From everything I've read, it seems to be a bad idea to have your food, water, etc stored in plastic. When I take the time to consider which of my foods are stored in plastic, I realize it's considerable. After considering it for ages, I finally bought glass bottles for my water. That was a very exciting day, unfortunately not memorialized in a blog. And, for much too long now, I've been considering buying glass storage containers and, even more importantly, glass containers to carry my breakfast and lunch to work.

This, of course, has been going on for years now. I've been spent most time wondering where I might look for them, a small amount of time looking for options, and zero time actually buying. About a month ago I was in whole foods and they had some and I decide 'Yes, it's time'. Then I did WAY too much agonizing over which style I wanted, if they were big enough, if they were too expensive, if the tops fit on tightly enough. I even went as far as putting one in my basket and walking off. Only to return and decide it wasn't the right one. I left with nothing.

So this week I was in whole foods again and guess what, I threw caution to the winds and bought THREE containers! Put them in my cart, walked up to the cash register, paid for them and now I actually own them. It really wasn't that painful.

They are very cool and I feel very sophisticated when I'm eating my lunch out of glass. There are only two issues, they weigh a ton, which is a bit of an issue when riding my bike to work and I'm just waiting to drop one. But, all in all, a very productive week!

No comments: