Sunday, January 1, 2012

Trying something new!


Me pretending to whoop it up on New Year's Eve.

Hello and Happy New Years to all my loyal (and not so loyal) readers.  (I'm not picky, I'll take whoever I get!) However, the more loyal of you may realize that I love new year's day!  Not new year's eve, that I can take or leave. But New Year's Day is always perfect and beautiful and full of hope. So here's to a brilliant 2012 for everyone!  And on new year's day, the upcoming year is always brilliant. (Sorry about the not so brilliant and contradictory use of capitals.)

Anyhow 2012!  So, I don't really have any resolutions, I always figure making those is a waste of time and energy. However, I do have a few fun plans for January and February. First, drum roll, NO CROSSFIT.  I know.  Hard to believe. I LOVE Crosffit. But, I've been doing it for 3.5 years now. And I seem to be tired. I am no longer getting excited for those met cons I love (metabolic conditioning). Oh sure, there is still the occasional work out that will get my heart all aflutter (like friday when we got to do many rounds of 4 clean and jerks, 8 pull ups and 16 ball slams - so fun). But for the most part I just haven't been excited to crossfit.

SO. January and February are going to be weight lifting only. I'm going to go to the gym 3xs per week and pump iron. The other two days my free time will be taken over by an extra hour of sleep. Or maybe if I'm lucky (and feeling ambitious) some stretching and/or meditation. \

The hope is that I become lean and strong.

This
And don't become crazy muscle lady.

Not this
         
If I start popping out of my jeans in scary ways, let me know.
 
Part 2 of my new year's experiment is some playing around with food. I am going back on the The Whole 30 (amazing clean out your diet, whole food program, see previous post about The Whole 9). But I'm taking out some extra stuff. I've had stomach issues for years. And I think it's time to finally figure out what those are all about. So I'm giving up some stuff no human should ever have to give up. Things like onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower (all I can say is thank god kale isn't on the list). At the end of the month, I'll start adding things back in and see how my stomach reacts. With luck, the things I really love will be okay.

And now, because it's new year's day and because I haven't done it in forever. Some completely gratuitous Daisy and Otto shots.

You woke me up for what?  No, I will not smile!

It's really hard to take a photo of a jumping dog with an iphone. This was cuter in real life. Just imagine it!

1 comment:

james said...

Now that you are not doing crossfit you should have time to look at Wisconsin Foodie. This guy loves to eat, and talk about food. Enjoy. Jay

wisconsinfoodie.digitalcinematique.com/