Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom


Mom and me, 1966!

I think I'll just jump on the mother's day band wagon and do a little photo homage to my mom. I don't acknowledge it enough, but my mom is awesome. Professionally, she has dedicated her life to improving education and schools. Mom wise, she is the most supportive person in my life, dedicated, always loves me unconditionally (even when I'm a total pain in the ass) and always willing to jump in and help. Socially she has much more umph and energy than I could ever imagine having!

My mom on one of our family 'excursions'. Mom would decide we would need to take an excursion and we would head out to Foster's Island or some such place (for some reason, I can only remember Foster's Island excursions, there must have been others). I didn't realize my mom had a special yellow leather coat she wore for the events.
(Note provided by her when she added the picture to a photo album. I think it's actually referred to as her 'cool' leather coat.)

This has to be one of the cutest pictures of all time. My mom, sister and me.

My mom is super good at jumping in and helping, particularly when I take on the most frustrating of tasks. I decided to dig a drainage ditch in my back yard. It sucked and then involved a $2000 sewer replacement. Here my mom had just helped dig the trench underneath the cement pathway. I can't believe I managed a smile during any of this event. (Note the sexy flannel shorts, circa late 1990s and Clayton helping as usual!)

My mom likes to commemorate events and even non events with pictures, frequently when I look like hell. I like to respond with a face much like this!

Again, mom helping out. In 2005 I decided at the spur of the moment to sell my house in a week. My mom flew out. Here she is helping Rosemary write the listing for the house. She also cleaned the refrigerator!

She does Crossfit!

Doing two of her favorite things, eating food out in the sun on hood canal and wearing lavender.

Mom and me strutting our stuff in Spain!

2 comments:

To Blog or Not to Blog said...

After sharing the blog with my mom, she mentioned in the top picture we're wearing matching dresses that SHE made!

erbeck family said...

your mom rocks. always have thought so! she has the energy of a 25 year old and puts us all to shame. it's great to hang out with her, because she cooks and cooks and cooks and cooks and it is always particularly delicious. happy mom's day anne!