If it wasn't for Facebook I wouldn't know most of what is going on in this world. For example, I probably would have completely missed the rapture. Fortunately, my Facebook friends have been posting and commenting on this life changing event for days now. There is even a Facebook 'event', "Post Rapture Looting", in which many of my friends seem to be ready to participate. Being rather naive about such things, I have spent the last couple days assuming the rapture meant the world was coming to an end. It wasn't until I took it upon myself to do a little Google research that I found the above and figured out that I actually have a few more months before my world is thrown into upheaval. I mean it's possible that I will be plucked up into heaven on Saturday, but it's likely that I will be left to slog out the last few months on earth with the other heathens.
Before I found the true meaning of rapture, I did some considering of what I might do if the world were in fact coming to an end in a mere 4 days.
Here's the list:
- Eat sugar, lots and lots of sugar. Chocolate, baby cheese cakes from Whole Foods, milkshakes, soft serve ice cream with lots of toppings.
- Fool around. Okay, I realize this is normally a g rated blog, but I'm just saying, if the world were coming to an end I might try to get a little action (not telling who).
- NOT go to work.
- Go shopping and just buy everything I like regardless of the cost, maxing all my credit cards. (This one might not actually be very interesting and there wouldn't be time to use/wear everything, but in the movies when they go on shopping sprees and end up with lots of pretty bags and boxes it always looks like fun.)
- Take a nap every day.
- Throw dinner parties every night with various people I really like (many of whom I am possibly to shy to invite over otherwise).
- Drink lots of wine at the dinner parties and maybe a Manhattan or two.
- Do lots of Crossfit (yes, I love it that much, though with all the sugar eating and wine drinking it might not actually be that much fun).
- Take Otto for long walks in the woods.
Oh, and I hope our 6 months after the rapture aren't filled with storms, famines and other disasters, natural or otherwise.