Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rain

It's been mighty gray in Seattle the last couple of days - maybe the last week? And I feel like a black cloud has settled over my head. I've never felt like one of the S.A.D. (seasonal affected disorder) types. I always felt like I have taken Seattle weather in stride. But this last week has been tough. Day Light Savings just ended and it's just dark. Dark when I leave for work. And dark once again when I head on home. The other day, riding home in the pouring (torrential downpour pouring) rain, I swear I almost got hit by lightening. I was riding along, blocks from home - dreaming of my nice dry home. When suddenly there was a flash of light over my head, instantly followed by BOOM! Then all the car alarms around me started going off. I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes.

However, don't worry, I'm not going to leave you with this darkness. I was just looking at some pictures I took a mere two weeks ago - of beautiful fall leaves and sunshine streaming through my windows. And I was happy...........

Early morning fall view out the window of the 'new' (and very warm!) porch.

Sun patches, happy dogs, and fall colors through the window!

The day I got back from NYC, Otto Daisy and I spent quality time on the couch
recovering from the trauma of the previous week.



1 comment:

hvk said...

i love seeing TWO days in a row of blogging from you! apparently, god likes this too, and you have thus been rewarded with a sunny, amazing day today. hehe.