Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Farmer's Markets

So, there is a farmer's market on the corner of MLK and Union (in the Groce Out parking lot) that I have been going to every friday for quite a while now. I always get just a little bit excited on Friday's, knowing I'm going to have some tasty veggies! Well, tonight for the first time I went to the Columbia City farmer's market. Wow, I had no idea what I was missing. So many more veggies, so much more fruit, so many more people and even ice cream!!!!

It kind of made me sad. I love my house. I love Beacon Hill, but Columbia City, they have restaurants and bars and bakeries and bike shops and a movie theater and this farmer's market to die for. Columbia City is the real deal.

My dream is that some day Beacon Hill achieves such levels (without getting too full of itself).

Now I'm off to eat my peaches....mmmmmmmmmmmm......

No comments: