Sunday, November 3, 2013

Z-Z-Z-Z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

I know it's a bit strange to be extra excited about sleeping until 5, but that was me this morning! Factoring in the demise of daylight saving time and the fact I went to bed at 9ish, that means I GOT OVER 8 HOURS OF SLEEP!  (BTW, I just learned it is saving time and not savings time, who knew and who gets it right??)

These last two weeks at work have been stupid. The project I'm working on went into overload and suddenly many people had many endless questions for me, each question more challenging to answer than the last. Each question requiring me to look in more places for the answer. Each question being extra confusing. AND, not only that, but it seems that the answer to each question needed to be found yesterday. All in all, this left me with endless brain swirl and detail juggle. Unfortunately, brain swirl and detail juggle doesn't just switch off when one goes to sleep - at least not for long. Even if I could switch off when I first went to sleep, it would switch back on sometime between 1 and 4 in the morning. And then I'd be awake.............swirling.

And then, of course, the next day as the questions continued, dealing with them on an exhausted brain became virtually impossible. By the end of the second week I was apologizing to people in meetings because my brain had stopped working.  I couldn't form sentences. Really, I could no longer care.

So, this weekend I canceled all my social plans. I have spent the weekend watching bad tv shows and romantic comedies and sitting on my ass.  I decided I was going to wear nothing but comfortable clothes and soft pants. I did a couple not very intense workouts. I took a restorative yoga class. I basically shut down.

And it's been awesome. Two nights now of normal/better than normal sleep and I almost feel like a new person!

I've got my fingers crossed for next week.

Some sleep cuteness to get you in sleep mode....






And, of course, my two favorite sleepers!!


No comments: