Monday, July 19, 2010

EBC


I think one could safely say that the Elliott Bay Book Company was probably my father's favorite place in the entire world. My dad was in there buying books, magazines, cards etc probably 4-5 times per week. I'm guessing he spent the vast majority of his money on books from there (I am not exaggerating, he probably did). He knew everyone who worked there (and they, of course, knew him). They had pictures of his hanging on the walls. He even got me a job there in senior year of high school (I was in charge of maintaining the automotive and pet sections). So, here is the place that my dad ABSOLUTELY loved and look, they named their cafe after him! EBC - Eben Barnett Carlson! What else could it be. He'd be so tickled.

Thanks Elliott Bay!

1 comment:

Jen said...

if there was a like button, i'd press it. xo