Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunglasses


There were many many years of my life when I considered myself a good sunglass owner. Sure, I tended to drop my sunglasses frequently so they were always a little scuffed and scratched, but I managed to hold onto them. I could go for years on one pair of sunglasses, life was good.

Then about a year and a half ago something happened. Since then, well, let me tell you the sad story of how I have lost 4.5 sunglasses in the last 1.5 years. It all started at Bumbershoot 2008. I managed to leave my sunglasses in the bathroom. And unfortunately, the thieving degenerate that used the stall after me, decided that rather than turning my sunglasses into the lost and found (as would be polite and appropriate) she needed to keep them for herself. So, when I returned to the bathroom to recovery them a few minutes later they were GONE, never to be seen again. So sad.

Then there was the pair that just disappeared. Really. I was at the gym. I had my sunglasses. I took Otto for a walk before the gym and after the gym. I'm pretty sure I still had them on that second walk, then somehow they were gone. Disappeared. I searched and searched and retraced my steps about 500,000 times, because things just don't disappear. But they were gone, forever. Sad!

The other pairs and a half were destroyed by my almost perfect dog. ( .5 are a pair of cycling glasses that I still use despite the dog tooth marks). Otto has a zone. A zone in which he feels it is fair game to chew whatever I happen to leave within. Shoes, books, pens have all been prey while sitting in his zone. One of the 2.5 fell victim to this zone. My fault, I know better than to leave anything in the zone. However, the second pair was no where near the zone! Otto seems to have a thing about sunglasses. While everything else is safe outside his zone, sunglasses are not. The other night, as I was leaving my house, I noticed that my cycling sunglasses were on the floor. I immediately swooped them up, knowing that Otto would have had his way with them. Then I noticed my good sunglasses on the dining room table and thought to myself, 'hmm, I wonder if Otto would ever take sunglasses off the table'. However, of course, I immediately put that thought out of my head. My sunglasses are ALWAYS on the table. And Otto wouldn't take sunglasses off the table. He's a good dog.

Well, you all know where this story is going. Yes, my sunglasses were removed from the table by my almost perfect dog and when I came home they were in two pieces with lots of teeth marks. So very sad. And I am once again left with the task of buying sunglasses. SAD!

Have I mentioned that sunglasses are expensive?

Oh, what have we here?

Mmmmm.

I like the arms the best!
Ah, the things you can get away with when you're insanely cute!

No comments: