Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bumbershoot

Someone is pretty excited about the Seattle Moscow Poster Show.

Grand Hallway, kickin' it live.

Seattlelites very appropriately dressed for the torrential downpours. (This was the youth gaggleless venue.)

Somehow Labor Day weekend saw me spending a good deal of time at Bumbershoot. I'm not sure what I think of the event. I have a few issues with it. First, It's very crowded. Even during a weekend of pouring rain this outdoor event managed to be crowded. It's also filled with lots of youth. In fact gaggles and gaggles of youth. They are fairly entertaining to watch and to listen to, but they do make the lines long. Finally, I'm not very cool, so while I have heard of the big bands (ie ones with really really long lines) like the Black Eyed Peas and De La Soul, most of the bands mean nothing to me. I saw some group named Matt and Nat - oh, wait that's a handbag. Matt and Kim? Something. Anyhow, they were poppy and smiley (very smiley) and a big fan with the kids. I also saw a group called gang gang dance. They had a star by their name and I was hoping they were going to be good and a dance act. Unfortunately, they were just an excuse for a fancy drum circle and lots of synthesizers (zero dancing). I tried to see some other people, but they were 'sold out'.

There were good things about Bumbershoot though. I got in for free!! I didn't get rained on. It was entertaining. I bought a super cool new hoody. There was an awesome poster show! And, I finally got to see my friend Jacqueline's band Grand Hallway.

All in all, not a bad way to spend Labor Day weekend.

No comments: