Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tulips! (Wait, what...?)

Last fall, for the very first time in my life, I planted tulip bulbs. I was very excited at the idea of forgetting about them all winter and then without any work from me, getting beautiful flowers.

Here is the picture I posted on instagram at the time labeled 'spring tulips'!



Fast forward 6 months of patiently waiting.


What? Exact same spot (and no, those leaves in the middle are not tulips!). The question is where the @&$$(#*@ are my tulips!  


Here is the other spot I planted them!!  Not ONE tulip!

I even tried digging up where i planted them to see if maybe I planted them upside down and THE BULBS AREN'T EVEN THERE!  What? A rat?  A neighbor?  I am sure that somewhere there is a guilty tulip  thief who dug up my very valuable tulips bulbs in the dead of night. 

And speaking of tulips in the dead of night.


This is what everyone else's tulips look like right now.

But not to leave this blog on a downer note. Here is what Seattle looks like these days - take that midwesterners.





And to those of you non midwesterners, enjoy your tulips and be nice to me when I walk by your house drooling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squirrels! Goddamn squirrels!

nicola said...

yep, the squirrels! had a friend watch the squirrels dig up all her tulips and move them to her neighbors yard one year. it was a little experiment for her to watch them do their dirty work and yes her neighbor got the glory of all her tulips. check out your neighbors yards

Anonymous said...

Cherry blossoms. Huhn. I'm just happy I can see the ground, nary a bud in sight.