Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013!

I'd like to throw out a cute little rhyme here, that wraps this whole 2013 thing up in a bow, but goodness it's hard to think of a rhyme for 13. Eleven was easy, perhaps 'Oh thank heaven, it's 2011', but after that it's all down hill. 'Don't sit on the shelve, it's 2012'?  And 13....?  'Drink some caffeine, it's 2013'! Or 'don't forget your sunscreen, its 2013'.

Oooh, here's a good one, I'm feeling serene, it's 2013! Yes, that's it.

It's happened. Once again I have traversed the stormy waters of December. And, although January is a little scary since we're flying off the cliff (fiscal) and it sounds like my pay roll tax 'holiday' is gone, taking with it an extra 2% of my pay check. (I'm pretty sure something we have had for two years is no longer considered a 'holiday' by most americans, but our god given right!)

Anyhow, I digress. There was a bad moment or two in December, but overall 2012 was actually just fine. But it's time to move on. Not sure why this always feels like a stop and start and not continuous motion. Actually, living it feels like continuous motion, but the brain sees it as a stop start - out with the old in with the new! Stop doing what you did before, do something new. Go to the gym, start a diet, drink less, be nicer, be more patient, be a better parent, save more money. We will stop being as we were in the past and be better, smarter, fitter. I think even those who don't make resolutions have 'secret' resolutions. I'm not going to tell anyone, I'm just going to, well, be better! Right? 

I may be babbling, I have had the last 11 days off and I think I have lost the ability to think properly. Though I have finally figured out how to sleep!  10 is the number of days it took for my brain to figure out how to sleep in. Sad, 11 days off and two days of sleeping past 6am!

 Anyhow, wild night celebrating the new year..........       

Otto dons the thunder shirt to deal with New Year's firecrackers.
Sleeping off the big night.

And Finally, 2013 brought some sunshine!  See better already!
         May your 2013 remain sunny and may you be perfect ALL YEAR LONG (or at least a little less flawed!)! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family as well! Keep up the blogging and get planting again this spring!