Sunday, July 8, 2012

Traveling with Otto

We end the series on my road trip, with a brief description of Otto as a travel partner. Though, as you are probably already guessing, this may just be a vehicle for cute Otto photos!! Oh well, my blog, I can do what I want.

When I was planning for my trip, taking Otto was the part I worried about most. Otto is (of course) perfect and mellow. But he likes his routine. He likes his couch and his cat and his sunny porch. When he's not at home he tends to whine a lot. I was afraid we would get no sleep. Or that he'd drive my friends crazy with his whining.

In reality he was the dream dog. He could not have been better behaved! Even when we stayed with a non dog lover he won 'good dog' brownie points.  Yea Otto!

Not only did Otto provide company, but having him along made me do things I wouldn't have done otherwise. I stopped more and 'explored' small towns. I went on river walks. I went and saw dinosaur fossils. (That one actually didn't work out so well because it was 95 degrees on scorching sand and poor Otto's paws were a mess from all the rocks in Colorado. By the end of was trying to carry him because he kept lying down.)  It was hot. My sea level/cool weather dog was probably over heated and over exercised. But we had fun!  A sample;  

Otto, sunbathing, views, Steamboat Springs CO
 
90 degrees, 8000 feet, Chautauqua, Boulder, CO

Post Chautauqua, sun stroke.

Nicole's cat (looked like this the entire 24 hours we were visiting).  Golden, CO

Allison and Otto (right before Otto decided to bark at her). Golden, CO

Otto and train, Laramie, WY

Otto enjoys the river walk, Evanston WY (?)

95 degrees, scorching sand hike + cool collapseable dog bowl. Somewhere hot and conservative in Utah.

Otto and Buddy SLC, UT. 
Otto and car, WA, OR, UT, CO, WY MT
 
And we'll end this series with some non Otto cuteness. This was only thing going on in Snowville, UT (besides the gas station)! I think these cows thought Otto and I were the only thing going on. 
   

No comments: