Saturday, February 8, 2014

Stocking Up?

Or crazy hoarder lady?


When I hang out at my mom's house or our cabin, I always giggle at the amount of back stock she has. Toothpaste, dish soap, deodorant, mascara you name it. She's got extras. I don't think she did this when she was younger, but now she's always ready. And, yes, it's awesome to always have a backup, but I still think it's kind of funny.

But  now that I am old too, I seem to have the same problem. I have found in the last couple years that rather than my old habit of trying to remember to restock when I'm about 3/4th of the way out of something, I now like to have a spare when I start a new bottle, jar, tube of whatever. It's good. Very relaxing for us old folks.

However, I just looked in my new pantry and noticed a quite alarming array of goods! When certain things are on sale - expensive stuff like coconut oil or olive oil - I'll pick up an extra bottle or two to save money.  That's good common sense really, but, hum, potentially I have gone over board. How far away is wearing only lavender?????

Coconut oil! The coop keeps having $5 off!!!! How is a person to resist.

I knew I was buying extra olive oil (again on sale) I didn't realize I had 5

I use very little vinegar.
Well, when the armageddon hits and people are looking for fat, I can probably sell it at top dollar!

In other news, or to continue on the crazy lady trend, I think people were devastated last week when I blogged but didn't include Otto and Daisy pictures. As you reevaluate my sanity, I will leave you with a couple pictures from the last week.

Daisy in her very favorite new place to sleep - heat vent! (I put the towel down because I felt badly.)

Otto was so excited about the Super Bowl win (and the resulting fireworks) that he spent the night in the closet. 

1 comment:

erbeck family said...

next time the coop has $5 off coconut oil, grab me a few jars!
i wonder if i can make it to your house when the zombie apocalypse happens.