Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air, or not.


Ah Valentine's day and the single life. A day of watching frenzied flower shoppers. A day of smiling couples walking hand in hand. A day of super sweet facebook posts between husband and wife. A few weeks ago, I had some hope that although my valentine's day might not be all romance, candle and flowers, perhaps it would be, well, neutral. Unfortunately, in the last few days a couple events occurred that downgraded the day from neutral to 'meh'! Fortunately, a wonderful company named Green and Black, makes an absolutely amazing 85% dark organic chocolate that can put a little pep in the step of even the most lovelorn (and I am certainly not the most lovelorn). And while, I did have to buy that chocolate myself, it is on sale at both Madison Market and Whole Foods. So there's that.

And don't get me wrong, I am 100% in favor of the romance and the uber sweetness! And can certainly be happy for those who have it. May you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day full of lots and lots of love and satisfied expectations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meh. Is there more descriptive word in the English language? Do they really make a heart candy that says that? If not, they should. Happy Valentine’s day to you as well!